Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All I need is the lipstick


  Tonight I went to a hockey game with Randy and had a wonderful time. I am slowly becoming a sports fan, much to my surprise. I like hockey because it is easy to understand most of the rules and the game is fun because when there is a break, there are audience participation activities going on. The bad part of becoming a hockey fan is the desire for season tickets. Randy has brought up the idea and in the the excitement of the moment, I could almost see myself once a week screaming like a banshee and hollering, "C A P S, CAPS, CAPS CAPS!!!!" 
  We were in the nosebleed seats, literally one row from the very top in the Verizon Center in D.C. We sat in the same spot for a Washington Wizards game years ago and could barely see. I was in no way inclined to buy a season ticket for that team I assure you. Tonight we could see well and got to hear the gentleman behind us coaching the team under his breath.
  On a different note, as the weather is changing and it is freezing cold outside, I am more inclined to start cooking my "winter foods" such as stew, soups and pumpkin anything. I have a wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies that I will probably post soon. It is a family favorite and is great year round.
  Tomorrow night I have a jewelry party to attend and I look forward to getting out of the house again. Being unemployed is driving me crazy. Here's hoping the end is near. I did get notice that I can start registering for my grad school classes now, and am glad that there is only 3 months before I start. I should probably appreciate this time off before I get totally swamped.
 I am posting a picture of our view of the ice tonight. You have to squint and use your imagination, but you can pretend to really see the action.
  Time for sleep now. The rugrats will be getting up for school before I know it.

No comments: